Tuesday, April 1, 2014

but more importantly...


I've been on enough short term mission trips to know that as far as blessing goes, it is me that does most of the receiving, not the people I'm visiting. The probability of my life being changed is much higher than theirs. Sure, I might make a difference in a life; I may even see people get healed. However, I think the only way to really change a nation is to fully immerse oneself in it and actually live there - like Heidi and Rolland (and so many others have).
That said, it's way more important for you to know what is going on there and support THAT rather than give towards my trip. Pemba, Mozambique sits right on the Indian Ocean and they are currently experiencing horrible floods that are wiping out homes, etc.
Please take a moment to visit Iris' website and learn more about what is going on and how you can help. Also, frequent updates, pictures and videos are being uploaded to Heidi's Facebook page so be sure to check there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment